Sunday, March 20, 2011

Epic-ness!

Life is going so swell that I guess I neglected this blog. Oopsies...Just so you know, my most recent blog addition is a collaberative effort, http://www.epicchronicles.com/
This blog was created by my friend, Stoney Noell. It consists of many expressions and voices, all inspiring people to one thing; to live the Epic lives we have been born to live, in and through Jesus Christ. Each month we'll be diving into topics using our many points of view.

Another blog I have been more bloggy at is http://www.leslieprieto.tumbr.com/. This is my personal blog about life as a girl learning how to work at a radio station with a missional focus for New England. It's very similar to this blog but it's more regularly updated. So if it's too many blogs for you to read, you can stay reading this blog, but if you get ansy, feel free to check out my blog on Tumblr and at Epic Chronicles.

So today was awesome! Actually, this whole weekend has been awesome!! God is so faithful. The weather was beautiful and it motivated me to do some spring cleaning. I decided it was time to get the spring bags out.
This is the same picture just on a different setting on my app...isn't it groovy?? LOVE it!

















Plus, I thought if I want friends to come over, I need to have a clean place, and maybe that will help motivate me some more and keep me accountable to maintaining a neat living space open for company whenever. This is how messy it was..



I had a long Saturday but it was well worth it. I'll take pictures of my clean place later...


This weekend went so well because I love what God is doing. At church we're learning about net-worth and how we can be better stewards of what God has entrusted us with. I want to be able to give freely the way God does. It's gonna be a process but I know I was made for this. We all were. "To whom much is given, much is required.." and alrighty then! Something else that made this weekend super awesome was that I was carrying some stuff on my heart. Stuff that was sort of like unecessary drama. I was upset about somethings and part of it was me just misunderstanding some things and the other part was me just being a selfish beast. I have a lot to learn. But I'm thankful I get to live it out. I prayed for God to bring resolution and boom! He did it again! I love Him. HE says for us to walk in the light in 1 John 1:7 so that we can have fellowship with Him and others and it totally makes sense. I hate confrontation but I'm beginning to love it. It's for our own good and the good of others that we are to call each other out in love. I'm so glad. Love is so strong and able to carry all the weight. Nothing to heavy for Love to lift off.


So I feel such a freedom from getting things out of my head and heart onto a silver platter for my friend to see and examine. It's done with and all is well.


Something else that made this weekend so enjoyable was that I got to spend time with my pastor's family. Once a month they invite visitors to have breakfast at their house and even though I'm no longer a visitor, I went this time as moral support to others....Ha! Okay, Okay, free food is a great incentive but something else I enjoy just as much is fellowship. It was good conversation, breakfast, coffee, prayer and laughs. I love that I'm here. I keep thinking how blessed I am. I get to have this community to live life with and coming from Florida where I felt so alone, this is a glimpse of heaven. I feel super priveleged, honored to be here. This is one of the delights of my own heart God is fulfilling. It hasn't been an easy road, but God has proven to be Most FAITHFUL. If you choose to know who God is, your life will never be the same. He's real and loves us and wants the best for us, so why not put our trust and hope in Him? Right? :-)


Okay...so one more thing made this weekend extra delightful...
BUT don't worry, I didn't go crazy...only got a few items...

The End. :-)

No comments: