Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fasting..not so Fun..


Well..It’s not something I’d describe as “Fun.” It’s something like sobering up after a hangover. And you realize what you did the night before..you can’t remember how you ended up where you are…You only drank so you could loosen up a bit and relax, hopefully forget about the stuff that’s been bothering you…so that cosmo was super appealing, and so was the one after that, and the one after that…and boom, “what was bothering me?? …i like pandas! let’s go look for a panda!”

okay, well, i feel like life without God is one big hangover waiting to happen…we try to push God away because we all know He opens up a can of worms. issues. God exposes beyond the surface…

fasting to me has been like waking up with a bad hangover. sobering up. you’d think i was a drunkard from all this talk about hangovers but reality is i’ve never really had a hangover. i’ve just been really observant of others with hangovers. that, and i’ve watched lots of television.

so for the past 13 days i’ve been fasting something. i don’t wanna say because i guess according to the Bible i’m not supposed to let people know i’m fasting…like “oh woe is me…poor me…” but that’s not why i’m blogging. not my motive, so i guess it’s okay to say what i’ve been fasting. i’m a -aholic to a lot of things in life. coffee. shopping. facebook. sweets. television. gossipping. makeup.

but to fast all those would require me to just die. literally. laugh. it’s okay. i just did. um, so what i felt like i’ve been giving sooo much of my life to was facebook and television. so this is what i’ve come to realize thus far. life without facebook and my favorite television shows is lonely. i was using facebook and television as outlets. to vent. to blow some steam. yeah, i knew God was somewhere but just not in my apartment. i found myself crying this week. life is lonely. who do i talk to? who do i ask for prayer? who do i talk to about the stuff that got on my nerves today? God? really? REALLY?

so I did. I gossipped to God. btw, am I spelling that correctly? gosssssippppping.. yep, except when you gossip to God it’s totally sin-free. i love sin-free like i love fat-free pringles. mmmm…gimme more. so I’ve been gossipping to God. it’s been neat. He actually does something about it. or lets me cool off and softens my heart and then delivers me instruction on what to do about it. i love a God i can gossip to. He’s safe. He’s right. always available.

oh and btw, i fell off the wagon a couple of times (fb) but i didn’t quit. i’m not a quitter. i’m an overcomerrrr! muahahaha!

No comments: